In my life this week:
- My cold did hit hard on Sunday. So, I spent Sunday and Monday in bed. I'm still coughing through the night which means I'm dragging through the day. But, with Matt home, I'll be able to rest a bit more.
- Emma's first dance competition is done! The judging was brutal. and she didn't do as well as I had hoped. But, I'm proud of her for working as hard as she did, and things can only go up from here. :) She did her best, and I can't ask for any more than that!
- Math: introduced 2-step equations and comparing fractions
- History: learned about Simon Bolivar and freedom for South America
- Science: Mollusks and sharks
- Literature: Started Because of Winn Dixie which she is loving.
- English: Tested on verbs
- Read-Alouds: (when I could read without a coughing fit) Anne of Green Gables and Wind in the Willows
Places we're going and people we're seeing:
- Our normal dance and jiu jitsu classes
- Emma has a bday party to attend at our local magic shop on Saturday.
- Matt and I will enjoy a date with lots of couples from the dance studio as we rock out at 80's night at the roller skating rink! Hopefully, there will be nothing but great stories to share from that night!! I'm going to tight-roll my jeans, tease my hair, and brush on some bright blue eye shadow for the night! :)
- Matt coming home, of course!
- NOT - the Christmas trees that are still up, because Matt has forgotten both of the last TWO times he's been home… And, on principle alone, I refuse to take them down myself!! :)
- nothing new since last week
- Chicken Chili tonight
I'm grateful for:
- a weekend with my hubby home
- Date night!!!
Some day-to-day pictures from the past week:
My 'sick bed' Sunday and Monday
My sweet girl after her solo performance
My girl and me
The line at the car wash